Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Two Strawberry Ice Creams, Please!

Bette Davis just got more fabulous with age. It's really true. I watched "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" last night for the first time...and oh, my, oh my...you mean we could've been friends all this time?

Then, because my high level of anxiety has me making like Rapunzel in my tower, I had time to put the movie on AGAIN, this time with Charles Busch and the love of my life, John Epperson, doing commentary over the score. John! Who so brilliantly brings to life the dame to end all dames, LYPSINKA!

Those queens knew EVERYTHING about the film. If they ever run out of things to perform, they can transition right into being college professors. Bless them!

The thing that is so amazing about "Baby Jane," of course, is its camp. Half comedy, half thriller, it's creepy, innovative, and dated all at the same time. What's under the silver platter this time? Is that really Davis' face? And could this happen to Mayim Bialik?

No comments: