Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Jobs I Am Not Qualified For

Let's face it, the negative cash flow has officially gone TOO FAR. I'm on the trail of part-time gigs. Unfortunately, there are an awful lot of jobs I am not qualified for.

I am not qualified to wear business casual, make it my goal to "be successful," smile excessively, or greet every customer with the same standardized greeting.

I am not qualified to work full time, try to impress my boss, not make jokes on the job, always be quiet, or respond inauthentically to "HOW ARE YOUUUU?"

I am not qualified to get an office job just because I have a college degree, teach children at a public school, or work swiftly with people and on my feet.

SWF seeks J-O-B in which she can wear the clothes she already has, earn enough money to live on, be herself, and be left alone while she rocks it out getting projects done. Good with dogs, kids, adults, crafting, cooking, sewing, cleaning, futzing, organizing, styling, writing, proofreading, editing, instructing, posing, acting, massaging, advising, and reading. Plus if I can work from home. BIG plus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat, girl! Currently applying to temp jobbies!!!! Ohhhhh boy, I'm gettin' geareed up to be the Office Freak!

--claire

Tim said...

You're sounding like a poster child for Amway.

--Tim

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, how I can relate to this. I recently took a "business casual" 2nd job. I have no "business casual"- I'm a massage therapist, for Pete's sake. And have no money to get said required clothes. AACCKK! Frustrating!