Sunday, July 30, 2006

Beard Club

Watch out, 2007: my friend Laura is making the hit of the year. And I said that even before we filmed at my apartment yesterday!

I love no genre more than documentaries, and love no content more than camp. It's what we want, it's what we need, it's a documentary about beards and mustaches!

A primarily self-taught filmmaker, Laura J. Lukitsch has poured herself into nearly three years of filming international facial hair contests, interviewing men on the street, and conducting revealing and funny tete-a-tetes with those who grow where it shows. As a woman with both a mustache collection and a penchant for drag, I strapped it on to be a part of this insightful and festive movie-to-be.

You can watch a trailer at Beard Club, as well as read about the picture and donate to this future Sundance winner.

No comments: