Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Cosigns

On my way to a meeting with a photographer this afternoon, everywhere I drove there was one film or television production or another buzzing along. Aside from the obvious Honeywagons, craft services trucks, and massive lighting equipment, these events are signified by square yellow signs with large block lettering on them. Shorthand for arriving crew, they instruct you where to park by their presence. As I headed into Hollywood I kept track of the messages coming to me from the cosmos:

AUDREY-->

RUSH

HE

PORKCHOP

Am I to stop a man from eating meat? Or is the man in question about as full of life as a porkchop? Perhaps it's a message from Penny: Come back! Forget flying; I'm for pigs writing. And if there's really going to be a movie called "Audrey," me in it...except for the fact that it was filming on the block where I used to live, to which I never want to return. Hollywood Mad Libs, sign by sign.

No comments: