Friday, January 15, 2010

SWAG from SAG

Every union actor, whether with career on the rise or barely making a peep, has something to look forward to in awards season: presents! Oh, they may call them "screeners" or "screenings" or "envelopes with your name on them that don't contain bills," but nonetheless: free stuff you didn't have before. This week's daily trips to the mailbox produced DVDs of "Up in the Air," "Precious," "An Education," and "Julie & Julia." Additionally, this weekend I'll be attending the Golden Globes-nominated foreign directors panel (including god-head Almodovar) and "Avatar," as presented by James Cameron and star Zoe Saldana over at FOX.

Watching my spoils, I joyously eat popcorn as the watermarked word Paramount flashes across George Clooney's face every fifteen minutes. Red carpet gown only to be seen this month on my apartment's decidedly gray carpet, my big dreams are not only intact, but are gently coddled by these goods. Like a soporific baby after milk, I prepare my winning speech.

No comments: