Tuesday, August 25, 2009

White Jeans

Albino denim, why do you plague me so? If it wasn't bad enough getting accused of trying to mimic Britney Spears back in 2001, there's a new crop of tween stars who would serve as apparitive warnings were I to gain a new pair. While rehearsing for an Irish play I managed to end up with part of a raw egg on the back pocket of my Gap jeans, yellow against creamy twill. My character warned her brother of the "green-toothed girls of Antrim" in the words of Martin McDonough, while my rear dripped albumen. What is it about this August 2009 that has me considering another jaunt, pre-Labor Day? Moments I feel adolescent, or wish to fit in at Kundalini? I slip into my indigo skinnies: more my style. But still the voice of Amy Sedaris haunts me, enthusiastic and mocking: "I have no questions. I think I'll wear white jeans!"

No comments: