Monday, August 24, 2009

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

There is a television series in America titled "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant," and it is reenactments of real-life stories about women with just that experience. I met the casting director of the show tonight, and she shot down my and others' refutations of why this couldn't possibly occur. This proved to me that not only is life as a female capable of strange heights, but that people are even more disconnected from their bodies than I thought. What about a show called "I Didn't Know My Mouth Was Open and I Was Talking or Singing Along to My iPod?" If you've ever been to my gym, you know this phenomenon is not uncommon. Or "I Didn't Know I Owe A Credit Card Company Money"? Bank of America and Capital One sure do think I'd be on that show, because why else would they call me every day? Even "I Didn't Know," in which a whole lot of people could try to get out of responsibility for stuff by lollygagging, their blank stares in lieu of an apology.

No comments: