Friday, July 16, 2010

Vortex of 2005

People from early 2005 are coming back to me: theory or metaphysical truth? I considered this when one of my most wonderful friends who I hadn't seen since then came to visit in June. Forget about '05: I then toyed with the idea of April 2010's boomerang effect. That month's emails finally got returned, meetings got set, mentions turned into events and the film with such a name started its circuit in the world.

But what about today's pair of reunitings from that turning-point year: someone I shared a stage with briefly but significantly, and another with whom I worked side by side? Lest I spend too long wishing I'd never left New York five years ago, or fret over a little delay from the spring, it all knows where I live, apparently.

Every key player is coming my way.

No comments: