Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stolen Car

Ever dream you've had your car stolen? Head out after a trip to the grocery store, or a day at a new job, and those nocturnal bad guys have walked off with your ride? I've tripped this neural pathway a few too many times in recent memory, and finally consulted with that bastion of sound testimony, the internet.

According to the internet I feel I have been stripped of my identity; perhaps due to a change in jobs, relationships, or a situation that once played a key role in my identity as a person. According to the internet I perhaps have lost my drive and ability to move forward. Or that my physical body has been hijacked. That someone is trying to take advantage of me.

I left work tonight close to 1 AM, slightly worried these nightmares would come true and my chariot wouldn't be holding court in the parking lot. But see, I left work, where I reveled in wonderful new employment, interpersonal connections, and unusable old skins falling away. Ha, dreams! No wonder you ended in an assignment at Disney.

No comments: